Free School Meals
Many families in Sandwell could get free school meals but don’t claim for them.
Your child may be entitled to free school meals if:
- your annual income is less than £16,190; and
- you claim Child Tax Credit (*not including working tax credit) only
*Please note you will not qualify for free school meals if you receive any amount of Working Tax Credit. Before applying please check your latest Tax Credit Awards Notice if you are unsure.
Your child may also qualify for free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018, your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Employment and Support Allowance (income related)
- Guaranteed Pension Credit (including Child Tax Credit)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- support from the National Asylum Support Service.
To complete an online application form, please click here.